Last Updated as of January 20, 2022.
What is Personal Information?
What information is collected?
When you visit Sessiongoods.com we automatically collect website use information as you browse Sessiongoods.com. For example, when visiting our Site, we may log your computer operating system type, browser type, IP address, geolocation information, referring website from which you accessed the Site, pages you viewed on the Site, how long you spent on a page on the Site, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends and to learn more about the demographics of our users. We will not collect any location information that you do not volunteer or enable. We will delete any location information that you request us to delete.
We use this information to monitor our website and to improve our website to provide you with a faster and more efficient shopping experience. In addition, we may collect personal information that you specifically provide to us and that is collected on an individual basis through web forms and purchases. For example, if you decide to purchase from Sessiongoods.com, you will need to provide us with personal information and electronic authorization to process your credit card through our website. For purchases, you may need to provide the following information:
- Shipping Address
- Email Address
- Credit Card Number
- Name on Credit Card
- Expiration Date
- Credit Card Billing Address
- 3-Digit Security CCV Code
- Telephone Number
We do not sell, share, or trade your personal information to any other company except to fulfill your order, process your payment, manage shipments and other activities related to fulfilling your transaction.
We may also use this information to generate statistical reports to help understand the market for our products, alert you to updates on the website, targeted marketing and services, and develop promotional marketing campaigns. We may use the contact information you provide to us to make you aware of other products and services.
Please do not provide sensitive personal information to us by e-mail. Instead, use our web forms, which employ SSL technology (see “How do we protect you and your information”). However, if you choose to correspond with us via email, we will retain the content of your email message together with your email address and our responses. We use administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect our computing infrastructure and your personal information from unauthorized use, access, modification, or disclosure.
Your IP address and cookies
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web servers to prevent fraudulent activity and transactions to protect your privacy.
Sessiongoods.com and email marketing from sessiongoods.com might employ the use of web beacons. Web beacons, a transparent 1x1px image, are used to monitor customer behavior when interacting with the website or email. With a combination of web beacons and cookies, we are able to collect information to streamline site usability and user experience.
Flash cookies are commonly used in website advertising and videos. Flash cookies store information on the user’s end allowing sessiongoods.com to recognize customers’ when they return. Flash cookies collect much of the same information that regular cookies collect, except related to Adobe Flash plug-ins. Flash cookies are used to remember where you stopped a video or what rotating advertisements you have already viewed.
With the use of your IP address, web beacons, flash cookies, and cookies, we collect information such as: browsing patterns, traffic data, the operating system used, browser type, times/dates/locations, viewing habits, and user drop-off.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser settings. Because each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s “Help Menu” to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly or otherwise be available to you.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information and personal information provided by you to help us improve your experience on the Site. We may use the personal information we collect from you to:
- Improve our Services, functionality, and overall user experience;
- Deliver our Services to you;
- Better cater and market to our users, as well as learn about preferences and usage habits;
- Respond to customer service requests, comments and questions;
- Send periodic emails, notifications, and text messages regarding our Services;
- Follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email, or phone inquiries);
- Communicate about our partners’ products and services;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Troubleshoot technical difficulties and errors;
- Link or combine user information with other personal information;
- As permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements; and
- For any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information.
Who Do We Provide Your Information to?
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws or as permitted by laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information with other companies and brands owned or controlled by Session, including our subsidiaries.
- We may share information to protect the rights and property of Session, our agents, customers, and others. This includes enforcing our agreements, policies, and Terms of Service.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any other person.
- We may share your personal information with vendors, service providers, contractors, and agents in connection with the performance of services on our behalf. These service providers are prohibited from using your information except as needed to perform our work or as required by law.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the personal information.
Finally, we may also sell, rent, or share aggregate consumer information (i.e., anonymized summary data) with others for their own uses. This aggregate consumer information will never include your name, phone number, email address, or mailing address. We may sell, rent or share this aggregate consumer information with our partners and other companies for their own marketing, product development, research, or other uses.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information outside of the situations detailed above, unless you consent otherwise.
Notice of updates on sessiongoods.com
We will use the information gathered to make a better shopping and browsing experience at Sessiongoods.com; when we do make an improvement to the website either by adding products, lowering a price, changing a look of a page if you wish to hear about it, please subscribe to our newsletter.
How do we protect you and your information?
The shopping cart information, including any credit card or address information, is transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. This secure layer provides up to 256-bit encryption for the most secure way of transmitting information on the internet. We do not transmit financial information by email. If you use our web form, your financial information is encrypted so that not even employees have access to your credit/debit / charge/e-check account number. Order information is stored in a password-protected area, only accessible by authorized personnel. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Websites linked to sessiongoods.com
We are not responsible for the practices employed by Web sites linked to or from our website nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Web site.
Privacy of children
Anyone under the age of 21 is forbidden from using our website and/or products. If an account is discovered to be in violation of the age restriction, we will immediately terminate and block that account and delete any personal information collected in connection therewith. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child or person under the age of 21, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Access to Your Personal Information
Subject to applicable laws, you can review, verify or correct your personal information. Please review the information in the “Your Rights” section below regarding your rights with respect to the collection of your personal data or contact us for further details.
In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavor to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Your Choices About Data We Collect and How to Opt-Out
You have a choice about how we use your personal information. Although you cannot opt-out of all data collection when you visit our Site, you can limit the collection, use, and sharing of your personally identifiable information. Please note that this may affect your ability to access certain Services. You may opt-out at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Do Not Track Signals
We do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
With respect to the collection of your personal information, you have the right to:
- Update or amend personal data that we have collected about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you;
- Request the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected;
- Request the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information;
- Request the commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- Request the categories of personal information sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold;
- Request that we erase or restrict personal data;
- Object to the processing of your personal data with respect to direct marketing purposes; and
- Not receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights.
You have the right to request this information up to two times in a 12-month period. You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To request this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive the above information up to two times in a 12-month period, free of charge. You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To request this information, please contact us at email@example.com or the mail address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided email, telephone number, or mail address.
Canadian Customers & PIPEDA Compliance
Session Goods does not collect any personally identifiable information about you when you visit the Website unless you voluntarily provide this information, for example by contacting us through our email forms (including sending us queries or responding through the Website to our job postings.) Personal information collected in these cases may include your name, contact details, email address, telephone number, and resume.
The database for any collected personal information is stored via Shopify, email addresses will be stored in the email service Klaviyo.