Maintaining Quality: How to Store Different Cannabis Products (Part 2)
In part one of this article, we discussed the importance of proper cannabis storage and the best practices to follow using weed jars. In part two, we will discuss how to store different types of cannabis products, such as flowers, concentrates, edibles, and topicals.
Cannabis products come in different forms, requiring different storage methods to maintain their quality and potency. It is essential to understand the best practices for storing each type of cannabis product to ensure that it stays fresh and potent.
Table of Contents
Flower, also known as cannabis buds, is the most common form of cannabis. To store your flower correctly, it is essential to follow these guidelines:
The best containers for storing flower are airtight glass weed jars, such as mason jars or weed stash jars. Avoid using plastic bags, as they can trap moisture and lead to mold growth.
How to store flower for short-term and long-term:
- Store your flower tightly in weed jars in a cool, dark place, such as a drawer or closet, for short-term storage.
- Store the flower in weed jars placed in a refrigerator or freezer for long-term storage. However, avoid exposing it to moisture, leading to mold growth.
Concentrates are highly potent cannabis extracts in different forms, such as wax, shatter, and oil. To store concentrates correctly, it is essential to follow these guidelines:
The best containers for storing concentrates are non-stick silicone containers. Avoid using plastic containers, as they can react with the concentrate and affect its quality.
How to store concentrates for short-term and long-term:
- Store concentrates in a cool, dark place for short-term storage, such as a drawer or closet. You can use weed jars but make sure they are made from silicone.
- Store concentrates in airtight glass weed jars made from silicone for long-term storage and place them in a refrigerator or freezer.
Edibles are cannabis-infused foods and drinks that come in different forms, such as gummies, chocolates, and beverages. To store edibles correctly, it is essential to follow these guidelines:
The best containers for storing edibles are airtight containers, such as Tupperware. Avoid using plastic bags, as they can trap moisture and affect the texture and taste of the edibles.
How to store edibles for short-term and long-term:
- For short-term storage, store edibles in your refrigerator. This is best to prevent edibles such as gummies and chocolates from becoming too soft or melting. Edibles such as CBD or THC beverages are best consumed cold from the fridge. No one likes a warm drink.
- For long-term storage, edibles, like gummies, can be placed in an airtight Tupperware container in the freezer.
Topicals are cannabis-infused creams, lotions, and balms for skin care or pain relief. To store topicals correctly, follow these guidelines:
Topicals are usually purchased in glass containers, although some come in plastic bottles and tubes. Regardless of the container, storing them away from direct sunlight or heat is best.
Of course, it is essential to understand the best practices for storing different cannabis products, such as flowers, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. By following these guidelines, you can ensure your cannabis products stay fresh and potent for longer.
Remember, your best option is an airtight glass weed jar, as they are specifically designed to store cannabis products. However, you need to make sure that you keep them in cool, dark places, monitor humidity levels, and avoid exposing them to air.